2016 YorIt Social Venture Challenge
Invigorate downtown York City with innovative, exciting and appealing projects.
Grant(s) up to $20,000 will be given to individuals, groups or organizations that are non-profit or have a fiscal sponsor and have compelling ideas that meet the CHALLENGE!
Join us at Central Market as part of York's First Friday Celebration anytime between 5-7 p.m. February 5, 2016.
- Make your pitch via a three minute video saved to YouTube. Videos are the opportunity to give an elevator pitch about the project. VERY IMPORTANT: Video Name must start with YorItSV2016 insert a space and end with the name of your project, such as: YoritSV2016 CoolProject.
- Videos should be compelling, succinct, memorable (not necessarily professionally done) and answer the following questions:
- Who are you?
- What do you propose to do?
- Why and how will it benefit downtown York in significant ways?
- Why are you the best person or group to implement such a project?
- How will the proposed funds be used?
- Fill out the premliminary application.
- Deadline for first phase submissions: March 11, 2016 5:00 p.m.
- PREVIOUSLY STARTED AND SAVED APPLICATION.
- Information session: February 5, 2016 anytime between 5-7 p.m.
- Video and Grant Due: March 11, 2016 by 5:00 p.m.
- Finalists will be selected and notified by the YorIt Advisory Committee by mid-April.
- Finalists will be asked to submit a more detailed proposal, budget and answer questions specific to their project as well as meet with the committee.
- Committee will make final decision in May of 2016.
All Questions: Challenge@YorIt.org